“The Roman Goddess of healing, Valentia, relied on nature’s gifts to heal the citizens of Umbria. Whether matriarchs seeking to maintain their youthful look or farmers seeking help for sun damaged skin, Valentia used berries, herbs, barks and other natural ingredients. We also rely on all natural ingredients due to their protective, preventative and corrective powers.”
Ya know, sometimes I hate to say I LOVE IT when reviewing products but I just cannot avoid it when telling you about Valentia’s newest product, Royal Rose Hydrating Serum. I have had to really think of how to describe how this product makes my skin feel and I am still trying to find the words other than totally freakin’ awesome! I really do love it.
Let’s get to the basics, their packaging is really nice, I hate to throw the boxes away! I keep my bottle on my night table so I remember to use it every night and it even looks nice there!
I am really sensitive to fragrances so when I read “rose” I was initially concerned about putting a scent on my face but no worries, it is very light. They use the Damask Rose which is a blast from my past days working with Betsey Johnson and her Damask Rose prints she came to be known for! It is very slight, pleasant scent.
I found that it was not like a typical serum that I think of as kind of liquidy and sometimes falls between your fingers before you can get it to your face. This product is much more creamy than that. It goes on smooth and absorbs right away. What you are left with is a smooth and sumptuous kind of feeling. When I say sumptuous I mean my skin feels very smooth and the wrinkles feel diminished. I don’t know how else to describe it! I find that even in the morning my skin has this wonderful kind of lush feeling, kind of like a baby’s skin. Does that make sense to you? LOL, I told you I was having trouble finding the words!
I actually have found myself during the day noticing that my skin feels different. I even was going to ask my hubby to feel it to see it he felt it too but I thought that may be going too far! But my point being is that it actually made my skin better, visibly and to the touch.
For someone with really sensitive skin and rosacea I am very cautious about what I put on my skin when using new products. I am really coming to trust Valentia. I really enjoy using their products and that is a great feeling. To make it even better they are a company run by woman, all natural and organic and cruelty free. Couldn’t be better!
Here is how the brand describes it…
This Hydrating & Nourishing Serum Will:
– Deeply moisturize skin
– Provide antioxidant protection
– Soothe & nourish dry skin
– Smooth skin tone & texture
– Boost skin radiance
Specially selected ingredients work together to achieve optimum results.
– Rose Damascena: One of the most nourishing and skin friendly natural oils, providing balance, moisture, and a variety of vitamins and minerals to the skin.
– Niacinamide (Vitamin B): This potent vitamin has been clinically proven to fade away hyperpigmentation, sun spots, and acne..
– Rosehip Seed Oil: Naturally rich in Vitamins C & A, these essential fatty acids work quickly to lock in skin’s moisture.
– Evening Primrose Oil: Provides light, non-oily moisture to the skin, never clogging or irritating the skin.
– Bearberry: Reduces melanin production, thereby lightening the skin, revealing a brighter complexion.
– Lavender: Heals the skin, treating pimples, wounds, and sores.
Powered by BrandBacker